When you intend to receive emails from specific senders, consider adding their email addresses or domain names in your Safe Senders List. These domain names and email addresses when added to the Safe Senders List are “never treated as junk email”, irrespective of the content of the message. Adding Contacts to the said List will also confirm that you will continue to get messages from the senders in your inbox. If you are a Hotmail user, you can simply “add an email extension to your Hotmail Safe List”.
What Is an Email Safe Senders List?
Most email program feature spam filters that recognize blacklisted email addresses and whitelisted email addresses. Blacklisted email addresses are often downgraded or you don’t wish to receive messages from such senders. On the other hand, whitelisted addresses are well-accepted. Emails from whitelisted addresses get delivered to the inbox without additional filtering. Safe Senders List refers to as Whitelist addresses, you will prefer receiving emails from these address without disablement.
The best thing about Safe Senders List is you can update and manage it based on your preferences. Whenever you want you can add an email address manually and continue to receive emails in your inbox. In case, you find emails from a person in the Junk Folder and wish to receive messages from the sender in the inbox, you can surely change the route.
Wondering “how to add email extension to my Hotmail Safe List”?
Well, there are, basically, two ways to whitelist emails in Hotmail.
1) Check the Junk Folder:
Did you find an email ending up in the junk folder, you need to simply –
- Click the “Show Content” option.
- You will be able to see the body of the email.
- Now, click the “mark as safe” button.
This is how the sender that once ended up in the junk folder will be listed to the Safe Senders List. Next time, the particular person sends you a message, it will land in the inbox.
2) Manually add to the Safe List:
To manually add a particular sender to the Safe List, check the following steps.
- Sign in to your Hotmail account using the credentials (username and password).
- Click “Sign in”.
- This will open the Hotmail account.
- Go to “Options” (located in the upper-right corner of your screen).
- Click the “Safe and Blocked Senders” link. This option is found under “Junk e-mail”.
- Now, click the “Safe Senders” link. (Manage who is allowed to send an email. Messages from safe senders will not be sent.)
- Next, you need to enter the email address of the sender that you want to whitelist.
- Press the “Add to List” button to put it on the list.
Check it’s operational.
Did you manage to add email extension to your Hotmail Safe List? If yes, that’s great!
If you tried but failed, contact Hotmail Customer Support!
The knowledgeable personnel will get rid of all kinds of issues from your Hotmail account.