There can be numerous reasons for getting an invalid username or password error when trying to sign in to your Skype account. It could be anything from entering the wrong user, wrong password, to account hacked or blocked. In such cases, the best way to regain access to your account is by resetting the password for your Skype account. Below are the detailed guidelines to help you recover your Skype account easily and quickly.
Steps to Recover Skype Account Easily and Quickly
- Go to the sign-in page of Skype online and click on the link Problems signing in? option located on the bottom left side of the page. You will be directed to a new screen.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your Skype ID (Skype name, email or phone number). Click on the Continue button once you have entered your Skype ID.
- 3.) Click on the Reset password option on the next screen. You will be directed to the next page where you will be prompted to choose any of the options to proceed with the process. The options would be something like these:
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
Select an appropriate option and click on the Next button. After that enter the user ID (if not showing entered) and the Captcha shown in the field and click on the Next button.
- 4.) On the next screen, you will be prompted to select any one of the three options:
- Email [email protected]
- Text ********56
- I don’t have any of these
If you select any of the first two options and click on the Send code button, you will receive a security code on your phone/email which you will need to enter on the subsequent screen.
- 5.) Once entered the security code on the subsequent screen, click on the Next button. You will be directed to the Password Reset page where you will just need to enter your new password and click on the Next button to get access to your Skype account.
- Note: In case you choose the third option I don’t have any of these (Step 4), you will be directed to another page and you will be asked to provide an alternate email id to receive a code. Enter that code in the required field and confirm it. You will see a form that you will need to fill and submit. If Skype verifies you as the true owner of the account you will be allowed to access your account. For any other issues or queries related to your Skype account feel free to get in touch with our expert team of technical engineers. We are a reliable third party Skype customer service provider and have ample experience in solving Skype related issues.