Well, if you don’t know, Hotmail was merged with Microsoft’s Outlook.com services. And, in case you are not able to log into your account or have noticed suspicious activities like unknown e-mails sent from your account or unauthorized purchases made from your account, this can be a case of hacking.
In order to regain access to your Hotmail account, it is best that you reset the password right away. To do so, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
8 Steps to Recover Hacked Hotmail Email Account
In case if you have noticed suspicious activities and you are still able to access your account, then you can simply change the password to make your account secured. Here are the steps:
- Sign in to your Hotmail account and locate your profile picture on the top right-hand side corner of the screen, just next to the gear icon. Click on it.
- Select the option “View Account” from the drop-down
- On the left-hand side, below your profile picture, locate the “Change Password” option on your profile page. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a verification page, where you will be asked to enter your Phone number or Email id that you would have added at the time of Sign up.
- Simply enter either your Email id or your Phone number and click “Send Code”. You will receive a code; enter it on the subsequent screen.
- Confirm it and you will get to Password Reset page. Simply follow the instruction and you will be able to regain access to your account.
- However, if you didn’t add any security information to your account, you can still get access to your account. On the verification page in (Step 4), click on the first column and choose the option “I don’t have any of these”. Click “Next”
- You will see a page where you can provide your phone number or email id. Provide the information and you will be contacted on your phone/email by the Microsoft support team to help you gain the access back to your account.
So, this is one of the ways to recover your hacked Hotmail Email account.
However, in case you can’t access your account, follow these steps
- Click on “forgot your password” option on the Sign-in
- You will see three options, choose any one of them and click “Next”.
- On the next screen enter the captcha and click “Next”. Now, you will be brought to the verification page just like in Step 4 (above). Just follow the steps from there, and you will get back the control of your Hotmail account.
For any further assistance, you can get in touch with our experts who are well versed with Hotmail Email related issues, be it a technical issue or fraudulent use of your account.
Our services are available day-and-night. So, feel free to contact us anytime for any Hotmail Email account related issues. We would love to impress you with our reliable and quality service.