Available as both web and desktop application, Skype is an excellent mean of communication for carrying out both business and personal purposes alike. While the web version of Skype comes with certain limitations, the desktop version of Skype is widely used by users. The desktop comes with numerous features among which one that users generally don’t notice but comes very handful is automatic loading of Skype application every time a user starts his or her computer.
By default, this feature is enabled automatically and lets you have instant notification of message you receive on Skype when you start your computer. However, if you don’t want to keep this feature enabled for your Skype account, you can easily prevent it from launching automatically by following these steps:
Steps to Prevent Skype from Launching Skype Automatically
Basically, there are two ways you can stop Skype from starting automatically:
- Using the option the comes in-built of Skype
- Using the Startup option in your Windows computer
Follow the step-by-step instructions provided below for both methods to prevent your Skype application from loading automatically on starting your system.
Using the In-Built Option of the Skype Application
- Launch the Skype application on your computer and click on the Menu bar icon located on the top-left corner of the Skype’s window. Doing so will open a drop-down menu on your computer screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your, you will need to click on the Settings Click on this option will open a Settings window of your account on your screen.
- Now, under the Settings section, you will need to select the General option located on the left-hand side panel of your Skype’s window.
- Next, in the General section, you will need to click on the slider button located next to the Automatically start Skype
- After that, simply close the Settings window and reboot your computer. Now, check whether your Skype application has stopped loading automatically or not.
Using the Startup Option of Windows Computer
- On your Windows computer, you will need to press the Windows key along with R key on your keyboard. Doing so will open the Run command box on the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Next, you will need to type the following path in the Run command
- Once you would have entered the above-mentioned path, you will need to click on the OK button (or press Enter key on your keyboard). You will be taken to the StartUp window of your system. In the Startup window, you will find the list of applications that loads automatically each time you boot your computer.
- Then, all you need to do here is to locate the Skype program, right-click on it and select = the Delete option from the menu.
- Once you would have clicked on the Delete option, your Skype application will be removed from the StartUp applications’ list. From next time onwards, when you will boot your computer, your Skype application will stop launching automatically.
So, these are the two ways you can easily prevent your Skype application from loading automatically. If still you are facing any issue, you can contact Skype customer support number to fix your issue.