If you are having trouble while logging into your Hotmail account then it is recommended that you follow the steps mentioned below as either it will help you get in or let you know if the server issue is there.
1. Reset the Password: you must reset the password for the safety and security of your account. Visit https://account.live.com/password/reset and reset the password of your Hotmail account. Choose a strong password and don’t use passwords which you use on other social media website.
2. Validate your Hotmail account: You must validate your account with the help of your mobile device. It might be possible that your account has been blocked via Microsoft for sending messages.
3. Account blocked errors: If your Hotmail account is temporarily suspended then you must unlock it first. Microsoft must have detected some unusual activity on your account as a result; they blocked it temporarily for safety and security purposes.
4. Browser Issues: It might also be possible that there is something wrong with the internet browser you are using. Clear the cookies, cache and the browsing history of it and try logging in again. Update the internet browser to the latest version available. You may switch to another internet browser if possible. However, Microsoft recommends that you use the latest version of the Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
5. Two–Step Verification: If you have recently turned on the Two-Step Verification then it might be possible that instead of the traditional password you may have to use the app password.
6. New Device or Roaming: If you are traveling or getting a new device then Microsoft may consider it as unusual activity and temporarily won’t allow you to sign-in. You don’t need to worry. Simply verify the ownership of your Hotmail account and you will be on your way.
7. Firewalls/Add–ons/Extensions: Some of the add-ons and browser extension disrupt the connection between Hotmail and the servers. Disable any recently added add-ons or browser extensions and try again. If your network is equipped with any firewall then ask your network administrator to whitelist the Hotmail so that it can communicate smoothly.
8. Windows Update: You must update the Windows regularly as Microsoft releases security packages for Hotmail regularly so that it works perfectly fine.
- If the problem still persists then, contact our Hotmail customer service technicians on our toll-free number for the complete resolution to your Hotmail account.