Are you pissed off remembering multiple passwords? If the answer is yes, then you are in the right place. Remembering too many passwords of multiple platforms is no picnic but this isn’t the case with Yahoo anymore. You would be glad to know that Yahoo gives you an option to get into your account without entering the boring traditional password. Isn’t it cool? Certainly yes!
This feature is called Yahoo Access Key which will allow you to enter into your account without entering the Yahoo password. All you need is a Smartphone with the Yahoo Mail app installed on it. Once you enable the Yahoo Access Key, you will be sent a notification on your Smartphone and you just need to approve it. This is how; you would be on the way to your inbox without bothering about the password. By doing so, you will also secure your Yahoo account from unauthorized access because the access is limited to your Smartphone only, even if someone gets the access to your Yahoo password they won’t be able to get in successfully.
Follow the steps to enable the Yahoo Access Key.
Setup Yahoo Access Key
Note-You must install the Yahoo Mail app on your Smartphone and signed-in.
- Log on to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click on the gear icon and choose “Account info”
- Tap on “Account Security”
- Authenticate by providing username and password if prompt.
- Tap “See how it works”
- Choose the device and the app.
- Click on Yes, send me a notification.
- Tap the approve icon on your device.
- Click “Always use Yahoo Account Key”
- Confirm your mobile number and remember you must have access to this mobile device.
You have successfully enabled the Yahoo Access Key; let’s sign-in into it.
How to Use Yahoo Account Key?
- Log on to Yahoo Mail Sign-in Helper.
- Enter the username and press the “Next” button.
- You will be sent a notification on the device you registered.
- On your Smartphone, tap the notification or open the app & Tap the Account Key Icon.
- Now, press the Approve icon.
If your mobile device has no network coverage or Yahoo app isn’t installed on it then, you might be able to get in via verification code. Instead of the notification, you would get a verification code which you will have to provide at the time of logging in Yahoo. The moment you provide that you will be instantly in the inbox.
If you are unable to activate the Yahoo Access Key then, feel free to get in touch with our 24/7 Yahoo customer technical support toll-free helpline number for the complete solutions related to your Yahoo issues.