The past incident of mass Yahoo accounts hacked made Yahoo users are little more cautious about their account security. They are more cautious to use a Yahoo email account on someone else’s computer or internet connection. This was really disheartening of all Yahoo mail users.
Yahoo also has been taken aback by such incidents. Yahoo is the first email service provider and which makes it more prone to hacking. In fact, Yahoo has a huge user base which made hackers target Yahoo account.
This incident created a different image of the Yahoo email service that Yahoo is not secure. Yahoo didn’t disappoint with such feedback rather they took it seriously. They increased the security features of Yahoo account so effectively, now it is next to impossible to break it.
Yahoo introduced a 2-step verification and Yahoo Account Key security features. This makes your Yahoo account security too tough. Your Yahoo account can be accessed only with your permission. This will keep you updated with your Yahoo account activity.
Yahoo also added a feature to get updated with your account’s activities. This is an activity notification, which helps you to keep an eye on your account. This will help you to stay updated with your account if mistakenly you saved the password with a browser or someone stolen password.
You can recover your account once again when you lose your password and remove them from accounts you don’t recognize or use without your knowledge. This requires you to add a recovery email for your account as an alternative communicative manner.
Steps to add recovery email using a computer
- First, you need to sign in to your Yahoo account using the email address and password
- Then hover to gear option and then click account info
- Then go to Account security option in the left side and click on it
- Here you need to click on Email addresses or Phone numbers
- Then you should click on Add recovery email address or Add recovery phone number to assign an alternative recovery method
- After that simply go with the on-screen instructions to enter and verify your alternative information
- That’s all; you are done
Steps to add recovery email using a mobile device
- First, go to the mail app or mobile browser then tap on the Sidebar icon
- Here you need to tap on Account info. You can also find it from Manage Accounts if you are using the Yahoo mail app
- Now tap on the Security Settings
- Here tap on Email addresses or Phone numbers
- After that tap on add recovery email address or Add a recovery phone number
- Now simply go with the on-screen instructions to enter and verify your alternative recovery email info
- This will add the recovery email for your Yahoo account
This is easy to do and will help you to recover your Yahoo account in any sign-in problem. When you are not able to do it on your own, you can take help from the Yahoo customer support and service team. The Yahoo experts are just a call far, simply connect on their toll-free number and get instant help.